Maton have improved the neck geometry, bracing patterns and body construction of their acoustic guitars with stunning results.
Improved production methods have made it possible to produce these all solid timber guitars more effectively than ever before and the playability and tonal benefits are amazing. The backs and tops of these guitars are able to resonate more freely and have a huge dynamic range. Refined neck/body geometry produces a neck that is a joy to play. Difficult chord shapes and complex single note runs are much easier to execute and increased tonal response improves acoustic projection. A bone nut and saddle ensure maximum tone and sustain. The SRS60C is finished in Maton’s tuned Satin pre-catalysed Nitro finish.
- Model: SRS60c
- Body Shape: Dreadnought W/Cut Away
- Face: “A” Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Queensland Maple
- Neck: Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Ovangkol
- Bracing: Maton Scalloped X
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Sapele Ring
- Soundhole: 100mm
- Inner Binding: None
- Outer Binding: Black
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5″)
- Headstock Veneer: Standard w/ 2mm Sapele Veneer
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12″)
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736″ – 1 47/64″)
- 14th Fret Width: 55mm (2.165″ – 2 11/64″)
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Natural Satin
- Top Finish: Natural Satin
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5 Original
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53.
All Solid Australian Timbers, All Solid Australian Tone.
Built for the rigours of the road. All solid construction with Queensland Maple back and sides with an A Grade Sitka Spruce Top, Queensland Maple Neck, Ebony or Ovangkol Fingerboard and Bridge
The SRS60C comes with the AP5-Pickup System, which has become the benchmark for live acoustic sound over the last decade.