ROLAND TD17KL V DRUMS ELECTRONIC DRUM KIT MDS-COMPACT STAND TD-17KL
Available on backorder
Available on backorder
*Kick pedal and drum throne are not included.
When you’re serious about drumming, you need a kit to match your ambition. The V-Drums TD-17 series lets your technique shine through, backed up with training tools to push you further. Combining a TD-50-class sound engine with newly developed pads results in an affordable electronic drum kit that’s authentically close to playing acoustic drums – accurately mirroring the physical movement, stick coordination and hand/foot control that every drummer needs. Meanwhile, an array of built-in coaching functions will track your technique, measure your progress and increase your motivation. Becoming a better drummer is still hard work, but the TD-17 can help you get there.
- Develop stick-control and correct playing technique with large 12-inch double-mesh snare
- VH-10 Hi-hat cymbal with natural motion and open/close detection helps learn hi-hat control
- Natural, rich and dynamic drum sounds, inherited from flagship TD-50 sound engine
- Learn expressive foot control and pedal technique with the KD-10 Kick pad
- Two crash cymbals and expansion possibilities support your individual playing style and performance
- Improve your sense of time with Time Check and Quiet Count as part of Coach Mode
- Warm-up menu provides a basic daily exercise routine to help your playing progress
- Enjoy playing along with your favorite tunes by streaming audio from your smartphone to the TD-17 via Bluetooth® audio
- Choose a kit that matches the tune or style you’re playing, from 50 premium preset drum kits
- Adjust the ambience of each kit to match the venues you perform at
- Customize the preset drum kits to match your preferred drum sound
- Import your own samples for a drum sound that matches the original recording
- Watch video lessons on your smartphone and play along, while the audio comes through the headphones via Bluetooth
- Develop your playing and timing with free to download ‘Melodics for V-Drums’ software (PC/Mac)
Authentic Playing Feel and Skill-Building Tools
If you regularly play acoustic drums, you shouldn’t have to change your playing style to use an electronic drum kit. You can use the same playing techniques you’d use on an acoustic kit, without compromise, thanks to the large 12-inch snare* and a natural feeling hi-hat** that can even be mounted on an acoustic hi-hat stand. And being based on the flagship TD-50 sound engine, the sounds faithfully reproduce the character and tone of acoustic drums, with lightning fast response time.
PDX-12 12” snare pad included with TD-17KV/TD-17KV-L and TD-17KVX only
**VH-10 hi-hats included with TD-17KVX model only
The Essential Tools to Improve Your Drumming
First thing’s first: drummers should be able to keep a solid beat before moving on to the exciting stuff. But mastering the basics is exciting too, as it provides a solid foundation for building your skills, not forgetting that tracking your progress is highly motivating too. The TD-17 module includes a Coach Mode to support your daily exercise regime. You can warm up, develop your sense of groove, tempo and timing, and even work on your stamina – all with a score that tells you how you’re doing.
Realistic Pads for Uncompromising Performance
Some electronic kits use much smaller pads than you’d typically find on an acoustic kit – but because the drumstick has to hit the center of each drum, these smaller pads can actually feel further away from you. This is especially true if you’ve moved from playing a 14-inch acoustic snare to an 8-inch rubber pad. The 12-inch dual-mesh PDX-12 snare* is tension-adjustable for authentic and satisfying rebound, while the height of the snare hoop is much closer to that of an acoustic snare so you can hit an open rim shot with a natural stick angle. If you’re serious about drumming, the TD-17 lets your technique shine through without asking you to compromise.
*PDX-12 12” snare pad included with TD-17KV/TD-17KV-L and TD-17KVX only
Ideal for Perfecting Hi-Hat Techniques
The TD-17KVX comes with the VH-10 V-Hi-Hat which uses a single-cymbal floating design that can be mounted and played on a traditional acoustic hi-hat stand. It provides the same playing feel as an acoustic hi-hat with natural rebound feel and swinging motion of the hi-hat cymbal. It also features open/closed motion and bow/edge sounds for executing traditional playing techniques to perfection.
*VH-10 hi-hats included with TD-17KVX model only
Great Sounds Lead To Great Performances
The TD-17’s sound engine delivers a superior drumming experience thanks to Prismatic Sound Modeling technology inherited from the flagship TD-50 sound module. Begin playing and you’ll notice a wider dynamic range and dramatic tonal changes, depending on where and how hard you strike the pad. From rim shots, rolls, flams, and ghost notes on the snare to dramatic crash hits, sustained cymbal swells, and half-open position on the hi-hats along with different sounds for the bow and edge, every nuance is detailed, accurate, and ultra-smooth.
The Feel of an Acoustic Kick Drum (But Quieter)
A nice solid kick drum usually comes with a nice loud noise. Sometimes that’s exactly what you want, but your family or neighbors may not feel the same way. The KD-10 kick pad absorbs much of the noise thanks to its rubber cover combined with a dedicated cushion, but retains that satisfying kick drum ‘thud’ when a beater buries into a bass drum head, so it’s ideal for playing at home where loud noise may cause problems. It’s compatible with all standard kick pedals, single or double kick.
Acoustic Drumming Techniques Accepted Here
Although each model in the TD-17 series is compact, they’re all kitted out for professional performance – especially the TD-17KVX which comes with two crash cymbals and the VH-10 hi-hat. Across the entire range, the position and angle of each pad is fully adjustable, while the distance between the pads and the drummer is similar to what you’d find on an acoustic kit.
- Kit configuration
- Drum sound module: TD-17-L x 1
Snare: PDX-8 x 1
Tom: PD-8A x 3
Hi-hat: CY-5 x 1
Hi-hat control pedal: FD-9 x 1
Crash: CY-8 x 1
Ride: CY-8 x 1
Kick: KD-10 x 1
Drum Stand: MDS-4V x 1 (recommended, sold separately)
- Extra trigger input jack
- 2 (CRASH 2, AUX)
- Sound module mount
Special connection cable
- Options (sold separately)
- Drum stand: MDS series *1
Cymbal mount: MDY series
Pad mount: MDH series
Personal drum monitor: PM series
V-Drums accessory package: DAP-3X
V-Drums mat: TDM series
Noise eater: NE-100, NE-10